What if I told you that a daily 5-15 minute yoga practice could get your body and mind in sync with the season, help you keep your cool both physically and mentally?
WHAT YOU GET:
- Daily practice prompts of 21 yoga practices that include cooling pranayama, calming mudra. Movement practices to open the hips and side-body that build up to Chandra Namaskar (moon salutaiton).
- Four Nature Yoga Nidra meditations that take you on a journey to beautiful natural landscapes including the forest, ocean, mountains, and garden.
- Weekly Group Mentoring session on Zoom where we can meet as a community and discuss our practice.
- Discounted Live Class package enables you to get the most out of that week's practices by attending three Adaptive Yoga classes during the course.
- Lifetime access to the pre-recorded downloadable video and audio lessons you can enjoy them throughout the year.
- Preview "Sitikari Pranayama" and "Spider Walking"
Cheryl found yoga in 2001 as a way to ease chronic back pain and became instantly enchanted by the subtle connections between the breath, body, mind, and emotions. Students appreciate her deeply educational approach to yoga and her classes weave anatomy, philosophy, asana, mudra, chanting, pranayama and yoga nidra together for a well-rounded experience delivered with compassion and humor. Cheryl encourages each student to honor where they are in their bodies every time they step onto the mat so deep healing and transformation takes place. She specializes in working with people over 50, cancer patients, and those with structural injuries and ailments.
Her training with master Hatha teachers from Piedmont Yoga Studio in Oakland, California, and the Integrative Yoga Therapy school at Kripalu helps her to blend both traditional Hatha teachings and alignment principles with subtle energy work and intuitive healing. She is certified as an E-RYT 500 through Yoga Alliance and maintains their certification as a continuing education provider. In 2016, she was among the first group of teachers to be certified through the International Association of Yoga Therapists as a C-IAYT. She has been a Reiki practitioner since 1997 and was certified as a Holy Fire® III Karuna® Reiki Master in 2019.
As a yoga therapist with over 1,500 hours of individual client experience, Cheryl co-creates home practices that meet the lifestyle needs of her wide variety of clients. As a teacher, she has taught over 6,900 hours of public classes, workshops and retreats in studios and cancer centers nationwide, and serves on the faculty of several teacher training and yoga therapy schools across the country. As a mentor, she helps to develop both aspiring and seasoned yoga teachers. As a researcher, her Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship study on the benefits of yoga for reducing side-effects of cancer treatment has been presented at IAYT's Symposium on Yoga Research and the Society of Integrative Oncology's annual conferences in 2015 and highlighted in Yoga Journal. s Cheryl and is a published author with three Yoga Nidra CDs and a companion DVD to the cancer research available from her discography.