Today find 5 minutes to practice Kaki Pranayama or "Bird Beak Breath". It activates your parasympathetic nervous system, reduces blood pressure, can be helpful for insomnia, and feels refreshing.
You Will Need:
- A place to lie down or a chair or way to sit on the floor with ease.
Bird Beak Pranayama
- Come into a comfortable seated position in a chair or on the floor.
- Repeat your Intention mentally three times.
- Create a beak with your lips like you were drinking through a straw.
- Inhale through pursed lips, close mouth
- Exhale through nostrils.
- Another variation to try is to inhale through the nostrils and exhale through the pursed lips. This is an excellent breath to calm frustration.
Things to Ponder:
- Notice how breathing this way makes you feel.
- Does it cool you off or make you feel less frustrated?