Chair Sun Salutation
Today take 5 minutes to practice the Chair Sun Salutation. This is a classic series of movements that flow from one to the next with an awareness of the breath.
You Will Need:
- A stable chair
Practicing the Chair Sun Salutation:
- Begin standing and inhale arms overhead.
- Exhale bend forward from hips into Uttanasana.
- Inhale and step the right leg back into a lunge.
- Exhale step the left leg back into Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Inhale the hips forward into Plank.
- Exhale bend elbows in towards ribs and lower down into Chaturanga Dandasana.
- Inhale sweep chest forward and up into Urdhva Mukha Svanasana.
- Exhale and press the hips back into Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Inhale and step the right foot forward into a Lunge.
- Exhale step the left foot forward into Uttanasana.
- Inhale sweep the spine up into Tadasana with the arms over the head.
- Exhale bring the hands to the heart in Anjali Mudra.
Things to Ponder:
- How do you feel after you practice the Chair Sun Salutation? Has your heart rate elevated at all? Has your breath rate elevated?
- Do you feel an increase of energy after practicing this sequence?
- Can you imaging practicing this at work when you have been sitting for too long?